Before you start investing, it pays to learn the basic principles. The more you know, the better off you’ll be. There are five key principles to investing.
- Start early, invest regularly and reinvest returns.
- Set your investment goals and pay yourself first.
- Diversification – don’t put all your eggs in one basket.
- It’s time in the market, not timing the market.
- Invest for the long term – the trade-off between risk and return.
Your Savings Goals
What do you want from life?
Your goals may change at different stages or events in your life. Perhaps you have a short-term goal that you want to achieve in the next year or two, and a long-term goal that could take you 5 or more years to reach.
Take some time to think about it, then write down some possible goals.
- What is your top priority?
- How much will it cost?
- When would you like to achieve it?
Please use the SBFA Savings Plan to work out what is realistic and affordable.